A one-time password (OTP) is an automatically generated numeric or alphanumeric string of characters. It is used to authenticate and verify users before a transaction or a session in an app/website. Used by businesses to ensure a secure user flow, an OTP SMS service provider ensures timely delivery of these messages.
Add an extra layer of security to your website and apps, without increasing the complexity for users. Authenticate registrations with OTP verification.
Be it account activation or deletion, use OTP verification to be sure that your customer data remains secure.
Keep all transactions safe and sound. Add an additional fold of security with OTP verification to complete a transaction securely.
Reactivate a user account with a confirmed acceptance from them. Use OTP verification as a means of obtaining permission.
Instead of sending codes or links via email, use the OTP service to verify users before password resets.
Exotel is an OTP service provider that grows with you. Pay as you scale and never overspend on your resources.
Don’t keep a customer waiting for any more than 8 seconds. Our OTP service ensures timely delivery.
Send thousands of OTP verification messages without having to run multiple numbers. Our OTP SMS service provider can handle them all!
Exotel's API documentation and implementation process is extremely simple and easy to follow. There were no hassles in setting it up. We use other cloud telephony platforms as well but Exotel gets a big thumbs-up from us for their ease of use.
We have worked across cloud telephony players and with other vendors, but the fact is Exotel is dependable.
The number masking feature has been a very worthy addition to making our customer experience even better.
We used to use a traditional PBX system before. But that doesn’t have the capabilities of Exotel’s IVR system. So, we decided to use Exotel for our IVR cancellation system.
Exotel's automated calls have helped in increasing our service levels and reducing our costs since there is no need for any manual intervention.
Exotel's APIs are very clearly defined. Our tech team could integrate them in no time. It’s easy to incorporate into any product.
Very supportive and understanding staff who have lived up to every expectation, and at times exceeded them too.
Best success rates, voice quality and reduced latency
Grow at will, expand without worrying about infrastructure
Best in class uptimes of 99.94% including operator uptimes
18×7 customer support via phone, email and Twitter
Sign up and get started in less than 30 minutes, integrate easily using our REST APIs
Easy to understand, detailed reports sent every day
‘OTP’ stands for ‘One-Time Password’, and as the name implies, OTPs are used to authenticate and verify users whenever they initiate a transaction or a session on your app/website.
However, to send OTPs to your customers’ mobile numbers you will need an OTP service provider like Exotel.
To know how to use our OTP solutions for your business, schedule a callback from our experts.
Choosing a reliable OTP service provider is the key to implement a robust authentication system. Below are some of the important factors to consider:
1. Delivery and Latency Rates: Always choose a provider that can assure you of better OTP delivery rates and lower latency rates.
2. Flexible APIs: If you are implementing an OTP authentication system using APIs, then make sure that your OTP service provider’s APIs are flexible and easy to implement in your backend systems.
3. Data Security: Your customers’ data should be your number one priority. Always choose a provider that is ISO certified and exercises enterprise-grade security practices.
4. Scalability: Always choose a provider that can quickly scale-up or down according to your business needs.
5. Customer Service: Choose an OTP service provider that values your time and truly cares about your success. Always ask if you are getting timely support in case you run into problems.
The cost of our OTP services is based on your estimated monthly usage. To get effective prices and volume-based discounts, contact our sales team.
To put it in simple terms, this is how it works:
1. Your customer clicks on the ‘Verify’ button on your app or website.
2. A unique OTP is generated in your backend system.
3. Exotel sends the same generated OTP to the customer’s registered mobile number (This can be done through SMS or voice call).
4. Your customer enters the unique OTP sent by Exotel on your app or website.
5. If the entered OTP matches with the generated OTP, the customer is marked as verified.
Get our free ebook - ‘Exhaustive guide on 2-factor authentication’.
It’s fairly simple. All you need to do is sign-up on our website and a dedicated account manager will get in touch with you to help you set-up the OTP authentication system for your business.
You will also get a 15-day free trial to test our OTP services before making your buying decision.
Passwords have been the primary form of customer authentication since the beginning of the internet. However, having a password-only authentication system will put businesses at an increased risk of data breaches, phishing attacks, and security threats.
Therefore, most businesses use OTP services to implement two-factor authentication (2FA) into their login systems or transaction portals.
With two-factor authentication enabled, your customers will need a one-time password or OTP (in addition to their registered password) to complete the transaction.
To know more about 2FA, download our free ebook - ‘Exhaustive guide on 2-factor authentication’.
Any business that deals with sensitive customer information can make use of our OTP services. Some examples of the sectors that use OTP services are banking, healthcare, e-commerce, insurance, transport, etc.
You can schedule a callback from our experts to understand how to implement an OTP-based authentication system for your business.